Stop Smoking: Quit Your Way
We all know smoking is very harmful to our health and giving up can be hard, but we are here to help you quit with our Stop Smoking Service in London.
Smoking rates are dropping faster than ever and not smoking is the social norm. However, there are still more than 7 million adults who smoke in the UK.
Why giving up smoking is difficult?
Even people who really want to quit can find it hard. That’s because the nicotine found in tobacco is very addictive and creates withdrawal symptoms and cravings. And it’s the withdrawal from the nicotine that makes quitting smoking hard. Common withdrawal symptoms include:
– Urge to smoke
– Weight gain
– Concentration problems
Tips to help you quit smoking:
– Get support from friends by asking them to smoke around you.
– Don’t replace cigarettes with food – go for a five-minute walk instead of your cigarette break to reduce your cravings.
– Save the money you would have spent on cigarettes in a jar so you can see your progress.
– Stay positive – every day without a cigarette is a good thing.
– E-cigarettes may help to quit smoking but are not a risk-free alternative.
– You can also use different therapies to help you quit such as hypnotherapy, acupuncture, or counselling. Find what works for you.
How our Stop Smoking Service can help
Our pharmacists are accredited Stop Smoking advisors and can give you counselling about stopping smoking. Plus we can issue you with the appropriate anti-smoking products from the pharmacy.
The anti-smoking products we can provide include nicotine replacement patches, chewing gum, nasal sprays and, if appropriate, we will prescribe Champix (varenicline) tablets to help relieve the craving and withdrawal symptoms associated with stopping smoking.
Giving up cigarettes is one of the best things to do for your health and H. Lloyd Chemist is here to help you quit smoking for good.
Contact us to book the Stop Smoking Service in London with H. Lloyd Chemist!